Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spring Detox :: 2014

Cycles and rhythms and even though this year is all sorts of topsy-turvy, I've been craving this tradition to come around again...it's detox time!

Nick and I have participated with out naturopath the last two years. Year one was GREAT (!!), year two was tough. I'm curious what year three will be considering all there years have three very different circumstances.

But I feel a bit more prepared this year, excited, and even weaned off coffee this week...

A few 'pre' thoughts before the cleansing begins:

  • I feel like my body needs a re-set. Bad habits. Lots of carbs and sugar and stress-eating lately which usually results in cheetos and cheerios as my main diet staples. I know my body is craving fruits and veggies, but I have felt too overwhelmed to do much about it except pop another waffle in the toaster and reach for the syrup. Hoping to regain some cooking / eating habits that fuel me instead of keep me lethargic
  • And on that note... I'm hoping this helps the lethargy and fatigue that have seeped in deep. I know what I'm feeding my body is part of the problem but I am a whole being which means there are emotions and thoughts and muscles all tangled up. Part of my goal is not just detoxing on the cellular level...but mind, body and soul. Setting a new rhythm. 
  • And as part of that reaching those goals I plan to keep record of it here -- helps me process those jumbled thoughts, keep record of good recipes and how I feel throughout. 

Alright cleansing drinks, teas, good nutritious food and protein shakes -- you and me have a date for the next 15 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

~2013~