Thursday, May 8, 2014

Detox 2014: Week 1

Well, tomorrow is the final day of Phase 1 before moving into Phase 2 which consists of just fruit and vegetables. A quick glance at what we've been eating these past few days:

Breakfast:
- Oatmeal with blueberries, cinnamon, rice milk and a dab of raw honey

Lunch:
- Quinoa, brown rice and black beans mixed with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, avocado sprinkled with lime

Dinner:
- Protein powder shake with frozen fruit, kale, spinach, coconut milk, strawberries and a banana. We usually use a mix of two powders (one that tastes a bit better and one that help ramp up the detox) and the better-tasting one is on back order...really hoping it arrives before Phase 2 where more smoothies happen...it's a bit chalky at the moment.

Snacks:
- Raw nut mix with dried mango and raisins
- Dried apple and mango slices
- Apple with almond butter (unsalted)

Overall, I've felt good this first week! It's been a crazy one too. Work has switched into full speed ahead and there's a deluge of information, projects and problems that have sort of exploded and I've made it through each day with some energy to spare. I only had a slight headache the first day so weaning off the caffeine definitely paid off!

As for the other goals along with just the nutrition side of things I wanted to also "detox" my after work routine. Now that I am not commuting 5-6 hours a day (yeah, I know, insane) I am re-learning how to use 'free' time and so far I've come up with watching Netflix until it's too late, not getting as much sleep, waking up and scrambling because nothing's done. Thus, the "routine detox" has prompted:


  • A quick and easy yoga routine each night when I come home to help me relax and also get the blood flowing.
  • Working at least a half hour on chores and to-do's (a little bit goes a long way)
  • Limiting TV and iPad games (aka no iPad games and TV for Wednesday night Survivor and Thursday night Grey's Anatomy :) )

Things I am still working to add for Phase 2 and finally 3:

  • Get back to my gratitude journal / regular devotions
  • Take more pictures - continue playing with the DSLR, something I love 
  • Read more
And with that, today was a looooong day at work and I need to let it go...and get ready for tomorrow (TGIF)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

~2013~