Sunday, January 18, 2015

Rewinding 2014

Okay, first things first, I didn't get to this before 2015 stormed through the door, but I do love it. 
And a good place to look back and think about just what 2014 taught me. 

1. What did you do in 2014 that you had never done before?
Bought. A. House. Oy.
Oh, and, bought a new-to-me car, too. Double oy.


2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Last year's focused on a word: Be Still. 
And right up to the very end, God was teaching me just what he meant by those two words. 
When things are raging out of control and my stomach is twisted in knots, anxiety creeping into every nerve these words would come. Scripture would come. Answers from really unexpected places would come. 

This Year: Looking back - I really enjoyed the picture project. Though I am not sure I have capacity for it to be the same. And this time I really want to work on learning how to really use the DSLR. So going for a picture a week in 2015. And my word(s) will be coming soon.     


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes - the much anticipated Ocean R. made his appearance in September! 
Er, I hope I am not forgetting anyone...it was an eventful year.  

4. What countries did you visit?
Stayed put in the USofA.
Perhaps another New Year's resolution: renew the passport and go somewhere! 

5. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Confidence in the kitchen.

6. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory?
February 2nd - and the grand adventure of my mom going to the SuperBowl. And unfortunately...the outcome. 
And, unfortunately, June 5th. But that is also balanced with the days and weeks that followed. An incredible out-pouring of God's light in dark places.   

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Definitely buying a home. That whole process was nuts.
AND performing dance again - that was a wild ride. 

8. What was your biggest failure?
Having a stress-cough for 10+ weeks. 
Taking on the world...humbling, really. 

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just that crazy cough. And the flu...on our Thanksgiving celebration. 

10. What was the best thing you bought?
My new car! Zip-zip is the best. 

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jon Meis. So much gratitude for his actions and God's work in him.  

12. Where did most of your money go?
Our new home! 

13. What did you get really really excited about?
My parents coming for Christmas! 

14. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Shake It Off - Taylor Swift

15. Compared to this time last year are you happier or sadder?
Is "sadder" a real word? 
I would say there are significant steps in the right direction.  

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Seen more of my parents & CO peeps, I miss them. A whole lot.

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressed.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
Mom & Dad trekked to the PNW for Christmas in our new home! It was lovely to hang stockings over our fireplace, cozy up with good food and a low-key Christmas. Soaking in family. 

19. How will you be spending New Years?
We cozied up on the couch, drank wine, ate cheese & crackers and watched the ball drop. It felt like the perfect close to 2014.

20. What was your favorite TV programs?
Grey's Anatomy, Survivor and recently Royal Pains. 

21. What was the best book you read?
Finally got to The Giver.  

22. What was your favorite film this year?
Lots if good ones this year - just saw 42 so that one sticks out at the moment. 

23. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Twenty-seven. A day at work with a few of my favorite things - Starbucks, crullers and lunch out to a favorite Seattle spot. 

24. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Lovin the sweaters. 

25. What kept you sane?
Nick. His patience, our laughter, and the closeness we forged. 

26. What is a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014?
When all is swirling chaos around you, Be Still. God is there. 

27. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans

Wish I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes
Life's a game made for everyone
And love is the prize

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost."
--Wake Me Up, Avicii

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

~2013~