Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hello, Goodbye


Oh hello blog I've abandoned for months... things have been busy and full and beyond my motivation point to write. But here I am, in true traditional fashion, with a year in review! 

1. What did you do in 2012 that you had never done before?
Ran a Half Marathon!

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Last year's: Journal every day of 2012... it's only the 29th of December, but this New Year's resolution is soon to be kept! 365 Days of journaling, 2 1/2 journals later - check! Next Year's Goals: To record 1,000 things I am thankful for...motivation from reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. And to help with finding the blessings all around me, I am going to attempt to take a picture every day and post my findings, hopefully, once a week.   


3. Did anyone close to you die?
2012 has been a year of senseless death. Lifting up those who lost their lives in the many mass shootings this year, especially thinking of the Aurora, CO theater shooting and Newtown CT. May God bring comfort to our shaken souls. 


4. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My dear friend, Laura, gave birth to the most beautiful baby boy, welcome Parker! 


5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed put in the USofA. (Adding to the list of New Year's Resolutions... update my passport!!)


6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
The password to our wi-fi...


7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory?
January 7, 2012 -- did something I never thought possible - ran 13.1 miles!  


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Crocheting with patterns! A scarf and baby blanket are my fruits of that labor! Also, helping start The Authenticity Project...being stretched in SO many new ways. 


9. What was your biggest failure?
My selfishness 


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, thank goodness!!


11. What was the best thing you bought?
My black boots, I love them. I wear them all the time. Did I mention I love boots? 
And, though it was a Christmas present (pre-picked out), I'm pretty excited about my iPad.  


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
 Anyone whose compassion lead to action. 


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Kanye, seriously, needs to get a grip. Or at least stop talking. 


14. Where did most of your money go?
Traveling and weddings...I was the matron of honor for Megan, and Nick officiated Sarah & Andrew's union, and we witnessed & celebrated Annie & Dustin, Kellie and Nathan, Therese & Garrett and Melissa & James!! Plus about 8 trips to CO and back will just about do it! 


15. What did you get really really excited about?
Celebrating the fabulous people mentioned in #14, and our 1 Year Anniversary trip to Bainbridge Island.  


16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Hurts Like Heaven - Coldplay


17. Compared to this time last year are you happier or sadder?
I estimate about the same...content. 


18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Not been so reclusive... and of course, exercised.


19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Tortured myself at the dermatologist by freezing my finger... but alas, it had to be done. 


20. How did you spend Christmas?
Up in Kingston, streamed live the Christmas Eve service, opened presents via Skype with Jack & Janae and skyped with my parents. Lots of food and drinks, bond fires and games - Christmas with the Andersons. 


21. How will you be spending New Years?
In Kingston with the Andersons!


22. What was your favorite TV programs?
Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Battlestar Galactica.

23. What was the best book you read?

    Must say, besides all the controversy and hype, I did enjoy the Fifty Shades series, also Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, I finished the One Year Bible (which actually took about 3...), and One Thousand Gifts stick out in my mind. 

    24. What was your greatest musical discovery?

      Mumford and Sons, and Coldplay in Concert is like NOTHING else. Amazing. And, also enjoyed the 12/12/12 Benefit Concert watched live from NY. 

      25. What did you want and got?

        An iPad, yahoo!  

        26. What was your favorite film this year?

          Hunger Games was excellent, and I enjoyed The Avengers, though the novelty of going to "see" a movie has kind of worn off... on the Netflix front The Way and The Boy with the Striped Pajamas were excellent. 

          27. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

            Twenty-five! A whole quarter of a century. Went to Portage Bay for breakfast (a monte cristo, yum!), then games and my birthday coffee at Starbucks followed by mini golf with Brie & Nick, a quick drink at Maggie Bluffs followed by streaming the Broncos game live! And Kurt & Lisa spoiled me with dinner at The Crab Pot and ride on the brand new Seattle Ferris Wheel! Blessed, to say the least. 

            28. What is one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

              Weather over 60 degrees in the summer... it was a bit depressing. And less air conditioning. Always less air conditioning! And less of Colorado Springs being ravaged by the Waldo Canyon Fire...

              29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?

                Sweaters and boots. Skirts and boots. Jeans and boots. I love them. 

                30. What kept you sane?

                  Prayer. Bubble baths. Tea and dear friends from near and far. (From year to year, this doesn't change! Still the best soothers there are.)

                  31. What did you get that you didn't deserve?

                    Everything I've received is a blessing and undeserved, that's the absolute beauty of it all.

                    32. Who did you miss?

                      Family. Jack & Janae, mom and dad. And Tinker, my childhood pal and sweet kitty, left this June after 19+ years of being a best friend.

                      33. Who was the best new person you met?

                        Met some new wonderful people through Community Groups at church, nice to finally see familiar faces.  

                        34. What is a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012?

                          Authenticity is hard. Showing up is hard. But it leads to growth.

                          35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
                          "In these bodies we will live,
                          in these bodies we will die
                          Where you invest your love,
                          you invest your life.
                          awake my soul...
                          awake my soul...
                          awake my soul...
                          For you were made to meet your maker"
                          --Mumford and Sons, Awake My Soul

                          No comments:

                          Post a Comment

                          Follow on Bloglovin

                          Blog Archive

                          ~2013~