Thursday, May 5, 2011

May-hem

May is...busy... so far!

-- I'm currently knee-deep in invitation assembling...and as most of these projects go - it's more work than I thought!
-- Enjoyed a trip to Leavenworth for women's retreat last weekend (hopefully pictures forthcoming)
-- Work is crazy so I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday...but it cracked me up: "May the 4th...be with you" :)
-- Off to Arizona to celebrate the life of an amazing woman dear to the Anderson family (and me) in a few short hours...so this is short and sweet.

...and in light of the 24/7 news coverage I saw this on my friend Therese's fb and it was just what i was thinking. Don't misunderstand me - my heart aches for those who still feel the gaping hole of loss because of 9-11 and the evil that permeates the world of terrorism, but I'm not entirely sure the all-out celebration at loss of life is the best response:

‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an "enemy". Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only Love can do that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

~2013~